Whistle Blowing Policy
Whistle Blowing Policy
Statement of Intent
It is my intention that anyone working at Noah’s Ark Pre-school feels confident about coming forward and reporting any issues/concerns they may have regarding the areas below, whilst remaining protected from any subsequent discrimination.
The word staff covers Play leaders, assistants, students, apprentices, volunteers and anyone else that may work at the setting.
Aims of the Policy
- Ensure staff understand their responsibilities and feel confident in raising and reporting a serious concern at the earliest opportunity.
- Provide avenues for staff to raise concerns and receive feed-back on any action taken.
- Ensure that staff receive a response to their concerns and that they are aware of how to pursue them if they are not satisfied.
- Reassure staff that they will be protected from possible reprisals or victimisation if they have made any disclosures in good faith.
Any concerns can be reported without this leading to any harassment or victimisation, and every effort will be made to keep both the concern and the member of staff’s identity confidential.
What should be reported?
- The inappropriate treatment or care of a child.
- Unacceptable behaviour of any staff working at my setting.
- Discrimination of any kind.
- Concerns that could impact on the health and safety of the children or adults.
- Inappropriate use of setting’s assets.
- Decision making for personal gain.
- Abuse of position.
- Inappropriate use of budget.
- Tampering with documents.
Methods of reporting
- A concern can initially be raised by any member of staff working at the setting to me. In the event that the concern is about me staff may contact the North Somerset Childcare Advisers or Ofsted.
- Discuss the nature of the concern together with the background , history of the concerns and provide relevant dates of incidents.
There is no expectation that staff prove beyond doubt the truth of their suspicion, however they will need to demonstrate that they are acting in good faith and there are reasonable grounds for their concern.
Concerns will be dealt with in the following way:
- Initial enquiries will be made to decide whether an investigation is appropriate and if so what form it should take
- The incident will be investigated by me/North Somerset Childcare Advisors or Ofsted
- If appropriate it will be referred and put through established safeguarding procedures and may form the subject of an independent inquiry
- Within ten working days of the concern being raised the staff working at the setting will receive in writing:
- Acknowledgement that the concern has been received and an indication as to how the investigator will proceed to deal with the matter
- Information on support mechanisms
- Information about whether any further investigation will take place and if not, why not.
It may be necessary for staff to be interviewed to ensure that their disclosure is fully understood. Any meeting can be arranged away from the workplace, if so wished, and a representative or a friend may accompany the involved member of staff for support.
If there are any difficulties experienced as a result of raising a concern, support will be offered.
Staff will be kept informed of the progress and outcome of any investigation to assure that any disclosure has been properly addressed unless legal reasons determine otherwise.
Confidentiality- will be maintained and every effort will be made not to reveal a member of staff’s identity if they so wish. If however a member of staff makes an allegation frivolously, maliciously or for personal gain, appropriate action that could include disciplinary action may be taken.
The public Interest Disclosure Act 1998 seeks to protect employees from discrimination as a result of “blowing the whistle” on their organisation, or individuals within it, through amendments to employment law.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the investigation, you may elevate your concerns directly to Ofsted Tel: 0300 123 1231, e-mail whistleblowing @ofsted.gov.uk.
|is policy was adopted by||Noah’s Ark Pre School||(name of provider)|
|Date to be reviewed||29.08.20||(date)|
|Signed on behalf of the provider|
|Name of signatory||Samantha Greenhow|
|Role of signatory (e.g. chair, director or owner)||Manager|